SharePoint Of View - SPReporting is intended to be a reporting framework for SharePoint admins.
This project helps you build jobs to gather data from your farm and provide graphical reports (charting).
It's developed in C# with Visual Studio 2008 and uses Silverlight 2.0.
Please use Discussions and Issue tracker to submit any ideas or problems you might have with this project.
Please read all information about installation and particulary about pre requisites at bottom of this page before submit issues about installation.
: 1.0 RC
I. Quick tour
II. Resources used for this project
III.1. Pre requisites:
- Reports Center Administration
- The Reports Center
- Display a report
- Add a new report model
III.2 Installation commands
- Server side :
- Client side :
First, if you haven't already installed the SharePointOfView 220.127.116.11 Framework,
download it now
(cf. pre requisites) and install it.
- Run STSADM : stsadm.exe -o addsolution -filename SharePointOfView.SPReporting.wsp, then go to Central Administration > Operations > Solution Management and Deploy the solution or run the command
stsadm.exe -o deploysolution -name SharePointOfView.SPReporting.wsp
- Go to Central Administration > Operations > SharePoint Of View > Reports Center Administration and enter the target website's url that will host the Reports Center.
You may install also the samples (SharePointOfView.SPReporting.Samples.wsp
). They add a job and several report models to get started.
- Run STSADM : stsadm.exe -o addsolution -filename SharePointOfView.SPReporting.Samples.wsp, then go to Central Administration > Operations > Solution Management and Deploy the solution or run the command
stsadm.exe -o deploysolution -name SharePointOfView.SPReporting.Samples.wsp
- Go to Central Administration > Operations > SharePoint Of View > Reports Center Administration and activate the Feature "SoV - SPReporting - Farm Structure Job"
Full Installation Procedure
IV. Extending the Framework - How to
V. SPReporting Future
- Use of the
Microsoft Chart Controls for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 for users who can't use Silverlight 2.0.
- Pre processing of reports to make them faster to load
- Activate versioning automatically on the "Reports (SoV)" document library when creating the Reports Center
- Add a "Series" selector